Sunday, January 2, 2011

Morrow Mountain

Wayne here,

Mom and Dad have taken their baby, Bristol, Jake, and I all to Morrow Mountain this afternoon for a nice little trail hike. Morrow Mountain is really close to our house, but it is a true mountain. It's more or less a really, really big hill with some trails to hike, almost like a mountain.

Anyways, it was really fun walking on the gravel trails, slipping on the wet leaves and busting our butts, and stepping over some small trees that have fallen. We slid down several times due to the wet leaves almost dragging mom down the hillsides. Mom was walking me and Jake, and both of us are wanting to pull on our leashes while Dad is walking Bristol, who is not pulling the slightest bit, and carrying the baby or holding her hand.

At one point, we were all walking on a bank FULL of wet leaves, none of us have any traction whatsoever. Jake and I are pulling, mom is trying on hold on to our leashes while giving is collar corrections to make us slow down. Well, Jake slips down the bank a little bit (it's not a steep hill that he will slide down and surely die), mom is still hanging on to him and keeps him from sliding too far and slides down on her butt, and then I slip on the leaves, but at least I didn't go anywhere. Dad is climbing up the bank, while holding onto Bristol's leash and carrying the baby under his arm and her shoe somehow comes off of her foot and goes flying 4 feet down the bank into a bed of leaves. Mom can't help but burst out laughing at the mere sight of the flying shoe while trying to stand up and hold on to us boys. It was almost all she could do to catch her breath from laughing so hard to go down into the bed of leaves to fetch the shoe. Finally, she gets it and we all continue hiking up this little bank to get back on the main road to head back to the starting point of this trail.

At last, all tired individuals have reached the starting point of this trail. I think I was about ready to pass out at the point. I think I was happiest being on solid ground! It was fun, though. I think we all had a good time releasing our energy and spending time with each other. We don't get to all go out together since Bristol and Jake only have access to places allowing pets. I am going to be one tired puppy tonight.

Before we left, Mom decided to take a little detour up to the pool area for a few minutes, and on the way, we encountered 12 really nice deer who are not afraid of people at all. These deer are so tame, that people camping in this area can pet them with no trouble. The deer just walk straight up to you. They walked pretty close to the car even with Bristol and Jake whining as loud as they could in the very back. They just perked up their ears and stood there watching us. These deer were really curious to see if we had any food to spare, but no we didn't. They probably wanted to see what the funny-looking deer were doing in the back of our car since Vizslas look a lot like a deer minus the white tail and underbelly. Mom even let me get out of the car to sit and watch them. I have never seen a deer before, but I liked them. I wanted to go play but mom wouldn't let me, so I had to get back in the car to go home and eat.

That's just it, we went home and ate. Time for a short puppy nap and then some obedience training in a little bit. It has been a good day.

Bye for now...

P.S. Check out my next post which will be of the Christmas photos when mom took me to have my pictures made.

No comments:

Post a Comment